The Hawaii State PTSA is hosting a Virtual Pumpkin Decorating Contest! Each winner will receive a $20 gift card.
• Decorated pumpkins of any type will be accepted: any size carved,
painted or decorated pumpkins, as well as visual art expression of
pumpkins (example: drawings or paintings).
• Age categories – Primary division (grades Pre-K – 2), Intermediate
division (grades 3 – 5); Middle School division (grades 6 - 8); and High
School Division (grades 9 – 12)
• Submissions are due no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, Oct. 28th.
• Please submit a clear picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and
be sure the email includes the student’s name, grade, and school.
• Entries accepted from students of Hawaii only, but PTA or PTSA
membership is not required.
• Direct questions to email@example.com
• Winners will be announced via our Facebook page
@HawaiiStatePTSA on Saturday, October 31st.
Liholiho will be conducting a drive-through pick-up for Picture Day Information/Envelope,
Federal Impact Card & possibly other designated grade level material that your child may
need during 2nd quarter.
Drive-Through/Pick Up on 8th Ave.
Date: Wednesday, October 14th, 2020
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. FDL (Full Distance Learner) students
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. IPL (In Person Learner) students
TO ENSURE A SMOOTH PICK UP:
1. Only family members are allowed to pick up their child’s belongings.
2. Please DO NOT socialize during this time and do not get out of your car.
3. Most importantly, please be patient.
4. Please place a placard on the passenger side of your dashboard
*** Please make a placard for the day of pick-up. PLEASE use a THICK
BLACK or BLUE marker on paper and write your child’s LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, and
CHILD’S CLASSROOM #. You may want to make a separate placard for each child, in
the event that teachers conduct future drive-through pick ups for their specific
homeroom or grade level. Please see next page for Classroom # by Teacher Name.
CAR PICK- UP INSTRUCTIONS:
* Pick-up location will be on 8th Ave. Please drive slowly from Maunaloa Ave. with
placard clearly visible on passenger side.
* Remain in your car and follow staff directions.
* Everyone should be wearing a mask, including the occupants of the car
* When instructed, pull-forward
Hope your Fall Break is off to a great start! If your kiddos would like to do something fun and creative during Fall Break, then enter the PTA Reflections Art contest! Our school is participating in the Visual Arts, Photography, Music Composition, and Dance Choreography categories. This year's theme is "I Matter Because…"
Here are the steps:
1, Have your child think about the theme "I Matter Because…" and what it means to them.
2. Have them take a picture, create artwork in 2D or 3D, compose music, or choreograph a dance.
Winners will be announced in early November. Winning entries will advance to the regional level where actual artwork (for visual arts and photography categories) will be required for judging. These will need to be turned in to the school office in mid-November (date yet to be determined). Please make sure it meets the requirements specified in the rules. For example, 2D artwork must not exceed 24x30 inches, photography print must be minimum 3x5 inches, etc.
For complete rules, including Special Artist rules, visit https://www.liholiholaulima.org/reflections.html.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moiliili Community Center is offering All-Day Child Care and Japanese Classes. Go to the Extracurricular Activities page for more information on the classes, dates and sign-up.
Tehani Pimental is offering virtual online hula and hip hop dance classes. Go to the Extracurricular Activities pages for more information on the classes, dates and sign-up.
Foodland's Give Aloha program will be extended through Friday, October 2nd! All Foodland and Sack N Save stores will accept donations through store's closing at 9:00 p.m. Donations must be made to your organization, code 77919, with a Maika'i card in order receive a matching gift.